Saturday 14 March 2015

Sweet, Sweet Face Mask

This is such an easy and versatile tip that you can really experiment with it.

Use this as a base for the face mask and you can add other ingredients to your choosing but I think the two ingredients work fantastically if you are needing a quick, easy to make and effective.
One is water, which I’m sure you can get easily at home J
The other is something that is a basic staple that every household has: honey. I know that I have already mentioned honey in other uses (see my link).
I wasn’t lying when I said that the ingredients I recommend are versatile and can be used in so many ways: that is the beauty of home-made, natural remedies!

Why honey?
Apart from its delicious taste, honey also has so many benefits for your skin.
Honey is highly moisturizing on the skin. It reduces inflammation and swelling so it's perfect for dark circles/puffy eyes. It gently cleanses your skin and kills germs.
Honey and a honey face mask are essential elements in all natural skin care. Honey is the queen of skin care ingredients and has been used for thousands of years. What more proof of effectiveness do you need?
Scientific evidence did you say? I can certainly do that for you J

Protects Against Damage
Honey is a natural antioxidant, which provides protective benefits when used topically on the skin. Anything that provides protective benefits on the skin, I think that sounds like a good idea! The Skin Care Resource Centre reports that current research has determined the effectiveness of honey as a natural form of sunscreen, to protect the skin from sun damage such as premature wrinkling, a condition that in some people can lead to skin cancer. (see here for the full article http://www.livestrong.com/article/112833-benefits-honey-skin-care/) For someone like me who has eczema and has frequent bouts of sunburn this is something I rely on for an instant skin fixer and it works every time.

Promotes Wound Healing

As another added benefit that compliments its ability to protect against damage, honey can also heal wounds, due to its natural antimicrobial properties. According to the New Zealand Dermatological Society, the chemical makeup of honey is described as "high osmolality." To give a scientific explanation, High osmolality when referring to honey means that the sugars interact with water in such a way those microorganisms cannot develop. This means that when honey comes in contact with the wound , hydrogen peroxide is produced. The creation of the hydrogen peroxide can provide antibacterial benefits to ulcerated areas, which speeds healing. http://www.livestrong.com/article/112833-benefits-honey-skin-care/.  So basically if your skin has been through the trenches lately, use this mask ASAP!

Acne
This is a frequently touted benefit of using honey in skincare but there has been no conclusive evidence that honey on its own can directly help with acne. I personally think because acne is such a different experience for everybody it is hard to recommend a one size fits all remedy to help it. I still recommend you use this recipe to replenish your skin but I cannot guarantee that your acne problems will be solved.


As for which honey you should use, whatever honey you have at home will do the trick but if you are a honey lover like me, raw honey is fantastic.

How To Use This Mask
Whilst there are lots of way to apply it, I honestly use it on the fly and only make enough to use for the one time, instead of making a bulk amount due to the use of water.

Ingredients:
½ teaspoon water
1 teaspoon honey
You can change the quantities and add more if you like but the main key is that there needs to be more honey than water. The water merely acts to make the honey more liquid so it mixes easier, you don’t want the mixture to be too runny though so add a few drops of water first.
I find that this amount is more than enough to cover my face but it’s up to you how much sweetness you want on your face J

When the ingredients have been mixed, apply liberally to your face, massaging lightly until all the corners of your face has been covered. If there is any leftover it makes a nice little drink too!

Leave on your face for 15-20 minutes.

Once the 15-20 minutes is over, wash it off completely and moisturise as normal. You will feel the difference!
Everyone including you can enjoy a relaxing and satisfying natural spa experience right in your own home with these honey face masks. It's all made clear; these facial mask recipes are as simple as ABC, affordable or downright cheap and you probably have the ingredients already somewhere in your pantry.


Do you already use this remedy? Or do you add other ingredients to it?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't considered using just pure honey, might give it a try sometime it doesn't seem too comfortable though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it comes to health issues and getting cured. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Parkinson, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Syndrome, Cancers, HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, and any kind of disease & Infections Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching, honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..    

    ReplyDelete